The house was built in the 1820's by J K Rickert.
He lived in the home while operating a number of businesses
along the canal including a mercantile, a lime kiln, a mule
exchange, and a sawmill. The house was passed down through
a few families and in 1998 was bought by the current owners,
Rod and Jennifer Mann.
purchased the home with the vision of restoring it to it's
former glory. In the process, his work and dedication has
been acknowledged by the Delaware and Lehigh National Heritage
Corridor and the Lehigh Canal Commission.
Numerous articles have been written about the history of the
home and its residents. It will hopefully soon be
registered on the National Registry of Historic Homes in
For more information on the history of the canals and the
canal era, please visit the National
Canal Museum in Easton, Pennsylvania or check out "The
Lehigh Navigation" - National Heritage